Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Green Cleaning!!

So I have decided to switch to green cleaning!! It will be hard give up my Swiffer Wet Jet! It is just so easy to use and quick!!! Plus I LOVE tha I can just peel off a pad and throw it away and start with a clean slate everytime I mop!! So once my current cleanser is gone I guess it bye bye swiffer!!

On my grocery list today is Vinegar, Salt, Baking Soda, Borax, Lemon Juice, Castile Soap, and spray bottles! All the things I will need to make homemade cleaners for everything in the house!! Here is what you can make using these items!

Glass Cleaner:1 part water 1 part vinegar

All purpose Cleaner: 2tbsp vinegar, 2C hot water, 1/4C liquid Soap (add soap last)

Drain Cleaner: Pour 1/2C baking soda down drain followed by 1/2C vinegar let sit for a minute and then pour boiling water down the drain

Tile and Tub Cleaner: and 1-2/3C Water, 1/4 liquid soap, 1/4C baking soda, 2Tbsp vinegar, mix soap and water, then soda, then vinegar. You can also add a few dfrops of essential oils if you would like to!

Toilet Bowl: Sprinkle inside of toilet bowl with baking soda, spray with vinegar and let sit for about 30 minutes.

Salt and lemon are great for scouring also. Roll a lemon around on the coutnertop then cut in half, sprinkle slat on lemon, Great for the build up around your tub!

Lemon is also a great alternative to bleach for getting stains out! Rub a cut lemon on those countertop stains like tomato based products or red based foods like kool-aid!

To freshen carpets mix baking soda with your favorite essential oil! Let dry, sprinkle on the floor and vacum up!!
Do you have a green cleaning tip?? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment